Peonia Medical is committed to protecting our customer’s privacy. We understand the importance of ensuring that personal information is protected and respected. Therefore, we treat personal data per our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and our confidential clinical requirements.
Peonia Medical is registered in England with Company Number 11233077. Our registered office is 7 St Johns Street, MANSFIELD, NG18 1QH. Our trading address is variable as a multi-location business, including Nottingham Branch (21A Mansfield Road, Nottingham, NG1 3FB), Long Eaton Branch (104 Derby Road, Long Eaton, NG10 4LS), Leicester Branch (27 Church Gate, Leicester, LE1 3AL) and London Branch (10 Harley Street, London, W1G 9PF).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Information you give to us;
- Inquiries – We may record your details to track and follow up on enquiries and schedule appointments. The details include your name, email address or phone number. So that we can supply you with the information you have requested when it is necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting and to provide information and a quotation for our services. Choosing not to provide us with this information for marketing purposes will have no impact on the provision of your treatment.
- Medical Records – Information must be collected as part of your registration with the clinic. This includes your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number, next of kin and medical history. This is to perform the contract we have with you for internal record-keeping, billing and accounting and respond to any queries, complaints or requests for further information. We do so because our legitimate interests must manage our business, improve our professional services, and comply with our regulatory obligations. Failing to provide us with this information will result in us being unable to provide treatment.
- Staying in Touch – We provide our patients with a wide range of additional services. We want to use the details on our database to inform you of these and the various services that the group provides. It is necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting our professional services. If you do not wish us to use your personal data in this way, please unsubscribe using the relevant link in the email that we send you. All future marketing communications will also contain a simple way to opt out of receiving any further marketing communications from us.
Information we collect automatically regarding each of your visits to our website https://www.peoniamedical.co.uk/.
We will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and version, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
USES MADE ABOUT THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
When you provide personal information to us, the purpose of providing the personal data will always be made clear.
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, or enter our site information.
We may use the information you give for some or all of the following reasons:
- To assess and deliver treatments
- To provide you with the information, treatments, products and services that you request from us
- Internally, to inform decisions about our business operations or strategy
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To send you text notifications to remind you of any appointments booked with us
- To contact you for post-treatment follow up and care, including survey requests to improve our service* To contact you from time to time to market other services, treatments and products we provide and think may be of interest to you, based on your interests and preferences where you have made them known to us
USES MADE ABOUT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use this information for some or all of the following reasons:
- To administer our website https://www.peoniamedical.co.uk/ and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We take our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and our clinical confidentiality requirements very seriously.
Sensitive information relating to your medical history will be kept confidential. We will only disclose it to the individuals involved in delivering your treatment.
We may share your personal information with:
- Other members of Peonia Medical staff as part of your ongoing care provisions or to analyse the business
- To provide some of our professional services, we may use the input of selected third parties, where this is necessary for the performance of our contract with you. This will require the disclosure to such third parties of your contact details and further personal data about you with your consent, which is relevant to the services they provide.
- Selected third parties such as Pathology laboratories for diagnostic purposes, Pharmacies for prescriptive purposes to provide your agreed treatment. Opting out of sharing your information with these providers may affect our ability to treat you. All our suppliers have entered into appropriate confidentiality obligations and contractual data processing clauses with us.
- There may also be circumstances where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information or share your personal data to comply with any legal or regulatory requirement, obligation or request. This includes the police for the prevention or investigation of a crime, or our Insurers, legal advisors or other third parties who need access to it in managing, investigating or defending claims or complaints.
We cannot guarantee that the information you send us over the internet is secure. Still, once we receive it, we will take all reasonable steps to protect the information you supply to us.
Peonia Medical will not transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area. Backups of electronically stored data are taken regularly, with strong encryption used to protect all files.
Suppose you contact us with an enquiry about our professional services, but you do not subsequently become a patient. In that case, it is our policy to keep your personal data unless you instruct us not to.
If you are or become a patient, we will retain contact information (including personal data) indefinitely.
We retain personal data relating to our professional contacts for as long as necessary or until you indicate otherwise. Still, we will aim to update our contacts’ preferences periodically.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or your computer’s hard drive if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies). You may not be able to access all or parts of our Site. Peonia Medical tries to give visitors to our website the best experience possible. One of the ways we achieve this is by storing small amounts of information about your visit in data files on your computer called cookies. Cookies don’t identify you personally but help the Site remember details about your visit enabling us to provide better services for you. They cannot carry viruses or install malware on your machine.
You can control and delete these files as you wish. If you choose to delete cookies, please be aware that some parts of the website will not work correctly, such as our contact forms. You can find out more about cookies and how to remove them at www.aboutcookies.org
MEASURING WEBSITE USAGE (VIA GOOGLE ANALYTICS)
We measure how people visit the Site to improve the experience for our visitors as part of an ongoing process. We use Google Analytics to do this. Google Analytics keeps track of the pages you visit, how long you stay on each section of the Site and what links you click on.
Google Analytics does not store any personal details about you, and we do not allow Google to share any analytics data gathered.
Google Analytics sets these cookies to measure this.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information, but where consent is withdrawn to process personal data from your medical records, our ability to continue your treatments will be impaired.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will only contact you for marketing purposes if you have opted to receive such communications. If you wish to stop receiving some or all marketing communications from us, you can let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website https://www.peoniamedical.co.uk/ may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note their privacy policies if you follow a link to any of these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
In some circumstances, you have the right to be forgotten, and we will erase all data held about you. Medical records are exempt from erasure. Requests for erasure should be made in writing to email@example.com and will be assessed on a case by case basis.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access information held about you. Any requests should be made to the Medical Director, Peonia Medical Ltd, 7 St Johns Street, MANSFIELD, NG18 1QH or firstname.lastname@example.org
We will supply all records within one month of receiving the Subject Access Request.
All requests will be subject to the appropriate identification checks. Whilst there is no charge for the first copy of your record, we reserve the right to charge a small administrative fee for all subsequent copies of the same document.
CONTACT AND COMPLAINTS